Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Charity Request - Noah's Wish

I'm going to put in a plug for a charity that I support. Noah's Wish works in disasters to assist animals in need. This helps people as so many don't know what to do with the animals and many put themselves in dangerous situations to stay with beloved family pets. They rescue those that are stranded or injured. They save lives the lives of animals in the midst of chaos. My husband worked with them after the hurricane in New Orleans, so he's been there and seen exactly what they do. (and the experience changed him in so many ways) We've both trained with them to assist in future disasters, and I believe strongly in what they do. June is their fundraising month - and all of their volunteers are asking friends & family to make a donation of $10. That's it - just $10. If you'd like to help, please donate - you can do so online at

http://www.noahswish.org/

You can read about the organization and see what they do. If you donate, drop me a line to let me know and I'll add you to the list of people that have donated (this way they know that you heard it from us). Like I said - they are an amazing group of people with volunteers who do incredible things and your support means they can continue to do just that. With a stronger hurricane season predicted for 2008 and the summer fire season just around the corner, they may be needing our help sooner than we think.

1 comment:

Craig Baird said...

Thank you for letting me know about this charity. My wife and I are big animal lovers.
We are currently trying to go green every day between April 22 2008 and April 22 2009, and we are looking for ideas to go green. I think we will donate here and plug the charity as well.

Craig Baird
http://ourgreenyear.blogspot.com