Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Green Kids Contest

I was reading the Canadian Living Magazine's Green Living Blog today and Daniela (blog owner) wrote about a contest for kids age 6-13 to become one of Canada's greenest kids. The details are at www.sunlightgreenkids.ca so if you are a green kid or you know one - go check it out! There is an honorarium involved, plus a great opportunity to make a difference. Worth writing a 150 word essay for I'm sure.

I just wanted to share this as I think it's a fantastic opportunity for a child to do something important, for themselves and for the world they live in. Pass it along!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Jackie,

Just thought I'd let you know that I used freecycle for the first time today to post all of our unwanted landscaping rock from our front and back yards. Within an hour I got 2 responses! Super sweet! So excited to get rid of it - NOT into the dump either!

Brenda :)

Brenda said...

Freecycle is GREAT! A total of 6 people were interested in the rock. It was hard to chose two people to give it to! There's a couple coming this afternoon to take the rock from the front yard, and a man will take the rock from the back yard at some point in the future. If we ever have anything to get rid of again I'll be using this website to do it.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you were able to use freecycle!! I've been giving away everything from screen doors, to clothes to kids things to... well, everything you can think of. (except the sign from the window company - no one seems to want that, but I thought it would be a great stand for a garage sale sign, oh well)

Just to note - in many communities in Canada, Freecycle is being replace by Fullcircles / the ReUseIt network. so if you can't find freecycle, check around for fullcircles - usually on the yahoogroups network.

It's definately the way to share, and sometimes to ask for things you need, too. But always share first!